e-days is pleased to announce the release of e-days version 5.61. For a complete list of improvements and changes please see the list below. If you have any questions relating to the updates, please contact the support team:
- Exchange Integration will be replaced with the Office 365 version from around August this year, so we have released some changes to accommodate this.
- Works in the same way as existing Exchange Integration.
- There is a section in the Admin Panel -> Global menu for setting up this integration and customising the visibility settings. The System Setup admin permission is required to access the page.
- Authentication will be needed for them to set the whole page up first time, from an IT admin within your company.
- Don’t panic; communications will be sent out via email in the coming months regarding the process of moving over to 365. Existing Exchange Integrations will continue to function in the meantime.
Authorisation workflows – default cancellation chains
- There are now three types of authorisation chains: default authorisation chain, default cancellation chain, record-specific chain.
- Default authorisation chain – the default process followed when this user’s requests require authorisation or cancellation. Record types with "No authorisation required" selected will not follow this process.
- Default cancellation chain – this process is followed for records requiring cancellation, rather than the above chain. "Use authorisation for cancellation" must be enabled on the record type for this to take effect.
- Record-specific chain – This process is followed for specific record types. It overrides the defaults set above for those record types alone.
- This was previously known as an “additional authorisation chain”.
- The “All” option has been removed from the record type list – one of the two default chains may be used for this instead.
- Bulk updates may also be done to the default authorisation, default cancellation and record-specific chains on the Bulk user update page.
- Note: if a record has “no authorisation required”, this takes precedence over any record-specific chains that there may be. (This is current behaviour).
Markdown functionality added to the noticeboard
- It is now possible to use markdown in the noticeboard, so the text can be formatted, and links and images can be added.
- This is the same as is currently possible in the notifications section. The link provided there can be used to check the options available.