Step by step guide:
- Click the Unplanned absences button near the top of the page.
- Locate the Sickness booker form at the top of the page.
- Set the Absence type for your request.
- Set the From date and To date (if known) of your request.
- Optionally select Part day if your absence is starting or ending with a half-day.
- If the To date of your absence is not known, tick the Open absence tick-box to mark your absence as open-ended.
- Optionally enter text into the Details box. This text will be included in your request details when e-days sends it to your approver.
- Press the Submit request button.
- e-days will confirm the request has been submitted and it will be listed in the lower half of this screen along with other requests of this type.
Note: This feature may not be available if unplanned absences are required to be booked by your authoriser or administrator.
Note: You will only see the open absence option if the feature is enabled on your system.
Note: If required, you can review and complete the self-certification form for your absence by pressing the Form button, in the lower half of this screen.