This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Users.
The access to the edays features and functions that a user is provided with is determined by their role and, subsequently, their role permissions. The users that can be viewed in respect of these features and functions is determined by the User View settings.
This guide provides the steps required to set the Staff Records User View at the User system level, which will override the Global level and Template level settings. If you are set to the 'Standard Administrator' or 'Standard Authoriser' role, or your role includes authoriser type role permissions, this view determines the staff records that you will have access to in the admin panel or front-end dashboards screens.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Users.
- Search for the required user and click the edit button against their name.
- In the user detail screen, select the System tab.
- Scroll down the page to the Staff Records User View setting.
- Click the dropdown and select the desired value:
- My Record: The current user only.
- Reportees: The list of people the current user approves, including alternative authorisation.
- Everyone: Every active user in your system.
- Custom: People determined from a custom user view. To view our guide to custom user view configuration, please click here.
- Direct Reportees: The list of people the current user approves, excluding alternative authorisation.
- Click the Save button at the foot of the page.
Please note: You have the additional option to set descendant levels in respect of Reportees.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Filters/Views - User view configuration - Overview
User Views - Custom user view setup