This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Global Rota Setup.
The calendar events feature allows for specific date events, for example training days or conferences, to be added as a marker in users' calendars. The calendar events appear as a small triangular marker in the calendar and do not affect the ability for a user to request an absence on the given day. This guide provides steps for importing Calendar Event dates to an existing Calendar Events group using a CSV file.
Step by step guide:
Downloading the sample CSV file.
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Global > Calendar event Setup.
- Click the Import Calendar Events button.
- Click the 'download sample' link in the guidance section at the top of the screen.
Editing the sample CSV file.
- Open the downloaded 'CalendarEventsImportSample' file
- Enter each required calendar event occurrence in a new row under the column headings, ensuring to remove the sample event data first
- When all event occurrences have been added, save the CSV file, ensuring that the file type is not changed
n.b. only existing Calendar Event Group names can be used - if you wish to create a Calendar Event Group please follow our guide to creating a Calendar Event group by clicking here.
Uploading the completed CSV file.
- In Edays, click the 'choose file' button and select the 'CalendarEventsImportSample' file.
- Click the 'import calendar event' button to upload the CSV data.
Calendar Event Setup - create a group and add dates