Graph API is a restful API (Application Programming Interface) service that allows for the calendar data from Edays to be shared with the Microsoft cloud environment of Microsoft 365. Graph API allows for instantaneous sharing of calendar data from Edays.
Please note: When enabling the Graph API function on your system it is important to remember that this will affect all users – this function cannot be configured for specific users or templates.
To enable integration via the Graph API please follow these steps:
Please note: the following steps require a Microsoft365 account with elevated privileges.
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Global > Calendar integration.
- Click the orange “Authorise e-days” button.
- Log in to the account that has elevated Microsoft privileges.
- You will then be presented with a screen asking for you to grant permission for e-days to read and write calendars to all mailboxes and to sign in and read user profiles (This is no different from the current exchange integration process), click Accept.
You will then be re-directed to e-days where you will be able to manage your integration settings – Hover over the information icon for more information on the below.
- Enable calendar integration: This must be enabled for the integration to work.
- Add user entries: This will add the user's own absences to their calendar.
- Add manager entries: This will add users’ absences to their managers' calendars (The manager must be the primary authoriser for this to work).
- See full-day entries: This will show days-based absences as an entire day rather than display in hours.
- Enable reminders: Allows your email software to remind the user of their upcoming absences.
- Click Save.
Once this is done the integration will be set up and absences should start integrating moving forwards.
You can manage which absence types should be integrated on a global, template or user level with the 'Can view description in the exported calendar' absence type permission. Please click the required link below to view our guide to updating absence type permissions.