If you want to sync your Outlook calendar with edays, our Outlook integration allows for the calendar data in edays to be shared automatically with your Microsoft 365 environment. This means employees outlook calendars will automatically sync with edays to show when people are out of office etc.
Important Note: Your business must have a Microsoft 365 subscription for the integration to work (Microsoft only permits the Graph API with Microsoft 365), therefore if you only have Outlook this will not work.
Benefits of Using the Graph API Integration
Automatically sync absences from edays to outlook calendar
- This reduces the time employees spend registering absence/leave.
- Employees cannot ‘forget’ to add their absences to their calendar.
- The company can be confident in knowing when employees are working or not.
Easily find time slots for team meetings
- View other employees calendars with your own to easily plan team meetings
Share calendars with employees and/or authorisers
- Visibility settings can be updated to determine whether the name of the absence is visible in Outlook.
When enabling the Graph API function on your system it is important to remember that this will affect all users – this function cannot be configured for specific users or templates.
How does the integration appear in Outlook?
- 2 people's calendars being viewed, you can see that the second employee is out of office the entire week
- 3 people's calendars can easily be viewed to find a time slot that works for all 3 employees.
Setting Up The Integration
Please note: the following steps require a Microsoft365 account with elevated privileges. Your IT team will typically be required to assist with this setup internally - so kindly ask one of your IT team to go through the steps below in edays.
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Global > Calendar integration.
- Click the orange “Authorise edays” button.
- Log in to the account that has elevated Microsoft privileges.
- You will then be presented with a screen asking for you to grant permission for e-days to read and write calendars to all mailboxes and to sign in and read user profiles (This is no different from the current exchange integration process), click Accept.
You will then be re-directed to edays where you will be able to manage your integration settings – Hover over the information icon for more information on the below.
Enable calendar integration: This must be enabled for the integration to work.
- Add user entries: This will add the user's own absences to their calendar.
- Add manager entries: This will add users’ absences to their managers' calendars (The manager must be the primary authoriser for this to work).
- See full-day entries: This will show days-based absences as an entire day rather than display in hours.
- Enable reminders: Allows your email software to remind the user of their upcoming absences.
- Click Save.
Once this is done the integration will be set up and absences within edays will start integrating with your Outlook calendar moving forwards.