This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Recycle Bin.
When users, absence records, or documents are deleted they will be sent to the recycle bin. These items are retained in your recycle bin until either restored at a later date or permanently removed from your system.
This guide provides the steps required to set automatic permanent deletion of items held in your recycle bin, based on a retention limit.
The Recycle Bin role must be applied for you to have access to the recycle bin. Please click here to see our guide to assigning roles.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Click the Recycle Bin icon in the top right of the admin panel screen.
- Enter the required number of days in the input box of the 'Keep deleted items in recycle bin for __ days' setting.
- Click the Save button directly to the right of the setting.
- If you have current items that exceed your retention limit, you may be prompted that they will be deleted; click OK to confirm deletion or click Cancel and review items.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Recycle Bin - Accessing the recycle bin | Recycle Bin - Restoring an item | Recycle Bin - Permanently deleting an item