The Custom user view feature in edays allows admins to easily customise who users are able to see within edays to specific levels. You can create whatever view you need and then assign it to the relevant users you need it to apply to.
The feature is located under Admin > Global > Custom user view setup; here you will see a list of any existing custom views you've created already, but, more importantly, you can hit the Add new button at the top of the page to start creating a new custom user view. You can follow the steps below to guide you in creating and applying custom user views.
step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin > Global > Custom user view setup and select +Add new
- Name the custom user view and select Save
- You can then specify which users should fall into this view, this can be done in 4 different ways:
- Specify groups:
- This allows you to include users that fall under a certain Country, Location, Team, or any other Group type, in this view. For each level you'll also have a My own option; this shows any user the view is applied to their own group of this type.
- Specify user templates:
- User templates
- Include authorises, self, reportees and leavers:
- Add own authoriser
- Add own record
- Add own reportees
- Include leavers who are within these groups/templates
- Specify individuals:
- You can start typing a user's name to search for them, then click add and they'll be included in the list for this view. You can do this multiple times, and this area allows you to get really specific with the view you're creating
- Specify groups:
- Finally, you can view a list of users who you've included in this view, and, if you'd like, you can click Remove to exclude any specific individuals from the view.
Please note: if you've selected My Own for a group, the users included in the custom view is contextual, so they will not appear in this list.
- Once you're happy with the list of users you've created, click Save and the custom user view will be created.