The Edays API provides programmatic access to read and write data to the Edays system. You may find it useful for getting data imported to another system or performing operations triggered by some other application.
The APIs are RESTful where available the operations will typically provide
- GET - Access data. Returns data with a 200 response, notifies data not available with a 404 response.
- POST - Create data. Returns a 201 response if successful, or a 400 response if unsuccessful.
- PUT - Change data. Returns a 201 response if successful, or a 400 response if unsuccessful.
- DELETE - Remove data. Returns a 204 response if successful, or a 400 response if unsuccessful.
This will require a few tweaks to your current system to allow the API to access the data stored within your Edays system, to complete the set-up, please refer to the below steps.
First, you will need to create an account, this account will solely be used for the purpose of being the API host, so we would recommend a name such as API account - Please find the below steps to create a user account:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Users > Users.
- Press the blue "Add new" button.
- Review "Licensing information" to ensure there are available user licenses.
- Complete the "Personal details", "System information" and "Groups" areas and then press the orange "Next" button.
- Please ensure the role is marked as Standard Administrator.
- Complete the "Entitlement" and Authorisers" areas and then press the orange "Save" button - these can be blank or placeholder information added.
Please see the below recording for reference:
Once the account is created, you will need to ensure that all permissions are set to Everyone - as this will allow completed access. Please follow the below steps:
This can be done by going into the Admin Panel > Users > [Name of user] > Edit.
- Admin User View (If you have administrator privileges, what users are shown in the Admin control panel)
- Staff Records User View (If you have authoriser privileges, what users do you have staff record access to)
- Calendar User View (What users will appear in the calendar on the Group Calendar / Manager Dashboard page)
- Reporting User View (If you are running reports in e-days, what users will appear in these reports)
Once completed, you will need to update the role type to set the account as API, please follow the below - please note, you will need to be a Superuser to conduct this (this can be confirmed if you can search for yourself within the admin panel).
- Navigate to: Admin Tools > Users
- Use the search filters to find the existing User you intend to update, then press the blue Edit button on their row.
- In the user detail screen, select the Roles tab.
- Navigate to the Account Type expand the default role - this is typically User Account.
- Set the account type to API Client.
- Save to confirm.
- You will now be able to generate the client ID and Secret.
Please see below for reference:
If you encounter any issues, please feel free to reach out to our Support Desk and we will be more than happy to assist.