This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Users.
Each absence type created in your Edays system has an independent set of permissions that affect certain functionality and visibility of absence records based on your relationship to the users' absences you are intending to view. These permissions can be set at the global level, template level or individual user level with each level overriding the previous respectively. To view our guide to system hierarchy, please click here.
To update an absence type's permissions at the User level please follow the below steps.
- Navigate to Admin tools > Users
- Search for the user and click the edit button to the right of the correct search result
- In the user detail screen, select the Absence types tab
- Search for the required absence type and click the edit button to the right
- Scroll to the Permissions section
- Set each permission as required for My items, Reportees, and Others.
- ‘My items’ refers to whether the user can see their own information.
- ‘Reportees’ refers to whether an authoriser can see their reportees information.
- ‘Others’ refers to whether a user can see other user’s information.
- Click the save button at the foot of the page.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
If you would like to alter permissions for an absence type at the Global or Template level please follow the relevant link below.
Updating Absence Type Permissions - Global Level
Updating Absence Type Permissions - Template Level
Absence Setup - Adding a new absence type