- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Global > Absence type setup.
- Click the +Add New button at the top of the page.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the absence type.
- Set whether the absence type is planned (e.g. a holiday type) or unplanned (e.g. a sickness type).
- If required, set any affected entitlement type(s). This will reduce the entitlement as each instance of the absence is created for a user. To view our guide to creating a new entitlement pot, please click here.
- Expand the Cancellation Settings section and apply the required absence cancellation options.
- Click the Save button to create the absence type.
- Now that the new absence type has been created, permissions and further settings can be set in the lower half of the page - see below for links to our guides.
- Click the Save button at the foot of the page to commit any further setting changes.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
When setting up an absence type there are many individual options and settings that can be applied. Please see our guides to the most commonly configured options linked below.