This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Absence Setup.
A key component of the Edays system is the ability to create absences, with each instance of an absence saved as an absence record. Each absence record created in Edays is attributed to an absence type, such as Holiday or Sickness.
This guide provides the steps required to create a new absence type.
If you would like to create a new absence record for a user, please click here to view our guide.
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Global > Absence type setup.
- Click the +Add New button at the top of the page.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the absence type.
- Set whether the absence type is planned (e.g. a holiday type) or unplanned (e.g. a sickness type).
- If required, set any affected entitlement type(s). This will reduce the entitlement as each instance of the absence is created for a user. To view our guide to creating a new entitlement pot, please click here.
- Expand the Cancellation Settings section and apply the required absence cancellation options.
- Click the Save button to create the absence type.
- Now that the new absence type has been created, permissions and further settings can be set in the lower half of the page - see below for links to our guides.
- Click the Save button at the foot of the page to commit any further setting changes.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
When setting up an absence type there are many individual options and settings that can be applied. Please see our guides to the most commonly configured options linked below.
Absence Setup - Global level absence type permissions
Absence Setup - Global level file attachment settings
Absence Setup - Global level minimum/maximum notice period restrictions
Absence Setup - Deleting an absence type