This guide has been created for all system users.
If you are unable to access anything covered in this guide, please raise this with a system administrator.
A key component of the Edays system is the ability to create absences, with each instance of an absence saved as an absence record. Your system may contain many absence types, although a default absence type will be attributed for Holiday bookings.
If your circumstances or plans change, Edays allows for you to edit a booked absence. This guide provides the steps required to edit an existing booking. If you wish to cancel an existing absence in the system, please follow our guide by clicking here.
- Click the 'Planned absences' button near the top of the page or navigate to 'My Tools' and click 'Planned absences'.
- Scroll down to the Absence Records area in the lower half of the page.
- Identify the absence request you wish to edit and press the 'Edit' button to the right.
- Enter the required adjustments.
- Press the Save Changes button to submit your edited request.
- Where an authorisation process is active for the absence type, the absence status will revert to pending and Edays will send a notification to your authoriser of the updated request.
Absences - Book an absence using the 'Book time off' button | Absences - Cancelling your booked absence