When a user creates an absence or overtime request in Edays, the request can be set to be subject to authorisation by another system user or multiple users. Users set as authorisers of requests will need to have the authoriser role permissions - please click here to view our guide to assigning roles at the user level.
Authorisation can be set as single, dual or multi step and can also include alternative authorisers. This guide provides a summary of what each of these mean.
- A single authoriser is responsible for approving the requests of any users they are assigned to.
- The default configuration of Edays will provide an absence request email to the authoriser and additionally add the request to their respective action list on their manager dashboard.
- A first stage authoriser is responsible for initial approval of requests, the request then moves to the second stage authoriser for their additional approval - the request will remain in the pending state until both approval stages are completed.
- The default configuration of Edays will provide an absence request email to the authoriser and additionally add the request to their respective action list in their manager dashboard specifically at the time that they become the active authoriser (i.e the second stage authoriser will become active once the first stage authoriser has authorised the request).
- A second stage authoriser can bypass the first stage by navigating to the reportee's planned or unplanned absence screen and pressing the authorise button to the right of the required absence in the absence records list.
- This works in the same way as the dual step method but with additional levels of authorisers.
An alternative authoriser can be set to any authoriser stage in any of the step methods described above. An alternative authoriser will become active in the following circumstances.
- The usual authoriser is absent in Edays at the time the request is made by the user.
- The usual authoriser does not take any action against the request within a certain number of days. The default for this is 14 days but may differ for your system. Please raise a support ticket if you would like to check/amend the number of days.
If you would like to amend or add to the Authorisation Templates in your system please navigate to:
admin tools > admin panel > global > authorisation setup
Please note: the 'authorisation setup' role permission is required to access this feature