If your manager cannot see everyone in the Group Calendar, it is because he/she does not have the correct 'User View Settings', you will therefore need to update the 'User View' Settings for that person.
What do the 'User View' settings do?
The 'User View' settings dictate which users can be seen in the system by other users, as often you will want to limit who can see who in the system. There are a few different 'User View' settings, however if your manager cannot see everyone on the group calendar but they should be able to, you will need to update the 'Calendar User View' settings to 'Everyone'.
How do I update the 'User View' settings?
The 'User View' settings can be updated at the Global/Template/User level. For our example we will update the 'User View' settings at the user level.
- Search for the User you want to update > Click edit > Click System tab > Scroll down to 'User View' settings
- You will need to update the 'Calendar User View'
- As your manager wants to view everyone you will need to choose 'Everyone' from the dropdown options
What are the different 'User View' Settings?
- Admin User View - If you are set to the 'Standard Administrator' role, or your role includes administrator type role permissions, this view determines the user profiles that you will have access to in the admin panel.
- Staff Records User View - If you are set to the 'Standard Administrator' or 'Standard Authoriser' role, or your role includes authoriser type role permissions, this view determines the staff records that you will have access to in the admin panel or front-end dashboards screens.
- Calendar User View - This view determines which users will appear in the calendar on the Group Calendar or Manager Dashboard pages.
- Reporting User View - This view will apply a master level user filter to reports that are run in Edays.
- Directory User View - If your system has the employee directory feature activated, this view will determine which directory profiles are accessible.
- Everyone - The ability to see all system users.
- Reportees - Authorisers will be able to see all the people who are assigned to them as a standard reportee, as well as any users for which they are set as the alternative authoriser. To view our guide to authorisation setup, please click here.
- Direct Reportees - Authorisers will be able to see all the people who are assigned to them for standard authorisation only.
- My Record - Restricted to only seeing your own record.
- Custom - A custom view based on users included in a custom filter. To view our guide to custom filter configuration please click here.