This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Users | Authorisation Setup | Role Setup
Edays provides a range of pre-set reports and further ability to create custom reports based on sets of data held against system users. The reporting feature is available to users based on their respective role or role permissions and the visibility of users displayed in reports is managed via the Reporting User View.
This guide details the steps required for a system admin to provide a user with access to the reports and set the visibility of users within reports.
The Reports Dashboard permission can be assigned to a user either via the pre-set 'Standard Authoriser' role, a custom role, or by making an ad hoc adjustment to the permissions of a user's existing role.
Reports Dashboard Permission (please follow the steps of your preferred method):
Method 1 - Assigning the 'Standard Authoriser' role.
n.b this role will assign multiple authoriser permissions and the given user can be set as an authoriser for users' absence requests
Please follow the steps in the required guide linked below.
Alternatively, if you would like to assign the 'Standard Authoriser' role simultaneously for many users, please follow the guide to setting this using the 'Bulk User Update Tool' linked below.
Method 2 - Creating and assigning a custom role.
If you wish to create a custom 'Reports Dashboard' role in your system please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to admin tools > admin panel > global > role setup
- Press the +Add New button at the top of the screen
- Enter a name for the role (e.g. Reports Dashboard) in the 'Name' field
- In the 'Authoriser Access Permissions' section, tick against the 'Reports Dashboard' permission
- Press the save button at the foot of the page.
Now that the custom role has been created you can assign the role to users by following the same steps provided in option 1 above.
Method 3 - Ad hoc permissions adjustment.
If you wish to ad hoc adjust the existing role applied to a user please follow the steps below.
For each required user:
- Navigate to admin tools > users
- Search for the required user
- Press the edit button against the correct search result
- In the user detail screen, select the 'Roles' tab
- Press the 'Advanced' button to display all permissions
- Tick against the 'Reports Dashboard' permission
- Press the 'Save Record' button at the foot of the page
Setting the Reporting User View:
Once the Reports Dashboard permission has been assigned, the Reporting User View can be set. The Reporting User View determines which users can appear in reports run by a given user.
To set the Reporting User View, please follow the steps in the required system level guide below.
Alternatively, if you would like to set the Reporting User View simultaneously for many users, please follow the guide to setting this using the 'Bulk User Update Tool' linked below.