The most common setup for Annual Entitlement using edays is what we call ‘Accrue on Rollover’. This refers to a balance being awarded at the start of the new Holiday Year, based on the total value a user had for the year before. If you have never previously imported a balance for Next Year, you will see entitlement as 0, and users will not be able to book until the next Holiday Year starts.
- My Holiday Year is set to January 1st.
- This year my ‘Total’ balance was 25 days.
- If my Next Year balance is 0, on the first day of the new holiday year (Jan 1st), the system will apply 25 days for the new year.
- Users will not be able to book Holidays for the Next Year until the new balance has been applied on January 1st.
- If my Next Year balance already exists before the new holiday year, then a Next Year balance will be applied automatically on January 1st. This means your employees will always be able to book holiday for the next corresponding year.
- What if you make changes during the year? If a balance already exists for Next Year, adjustments to the Current Year will not impact Next Year.
If you're unsure about Accrue on Rollover - Your system will likely already have Accrue on Rollover set to Yes as this is standard for most systems, unless you have specific Accruals that occur monthly or annually for Annual Entitlement or the equivalent. This should not be ticked for an element such as Long Service, or for multi-carryover years.
To check if Accrue on Rollover is enabled, you can go to Admin Panel > Global > Entitlement Setup > Elements > Edit.
Note: Accrue on Rollover is only available on a Global level. It cannot be switched on or off on a Template.