This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Global Rota Setup.
When you wish to add specific fixed absence dates to your system, e.g. Christmas shutdown days, you can use the custom days feature in Edays. Custom days are organised into groups of dates and can be set to deduct from an entitlement balance if required.
This guide provides the steps for creating a new custom days group to which custom dates can be added.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to: Admin tools > Admin panel > Global > Custom Days Set Up.
- Click the +Add New button at the top of the screen.
- Provide a name for your custom days group and an optional description.
- Set the colour that you wish for the custom days to display as when viewing individual or group calendars.
- Specify which entitlement the dates in this list should deduct from, if any.
- Click the orange Save button.
When a custom days group has been created, dates can be added by following the steps in our 'Adding dates to a custom days group' guide. To view this guide please click here.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Custom Days - Adding dates to a custom days group | Custom Days - Editing a custom days group | Custom Days - Deleting a custom days group