This guide has been created for all system users.
If you are unable to access anything covered in this guide, please raise this with a system administrator.
A key component of the Edays system is the ability to create absences, with each instance of an absence saved as an absence record. Your system may contain many absence types, although a default absence type will be attributed for Holiday bookings.
Absences can be requested from both the 'My Dashboard' screen or the 'Planned Absences' screen. This guide provides the steps required for submitting a non recurring absence. If you would like to view our guide to booking recurring absences, please click here.
Step by step guide:
- Click the 'Book time off: x Days Remaining' button in the top right corner of either the 'My Dashboard' or the 'Planned Absences' screen and the absence booker will slide in from the right.
- The default Holiday absence type will be pre-selected - click in the 'Absence Type' box to select an alternative if required.
- 'Fixed Date' is pre-selected and this is the required option for a non recurring absence request.
- Enter the required 'From date' and 'To date' for the absence. For hours based absences please also enter the 'From time' and 'To time'.
- Edays will perform a real-time check to identify if there are any restrictions that would prevent the request and displays the reason at the foot of the booking form. Depending on the restriction message please select alternative absence dates before continuing. Alternatively, cancel your absence request and seek authoriser or administrator support.
- Select whether the 'From date' and 'To date' are full or part day.
- Enter any extra information about your absence in the 'Details' text box.
- Click the 'Submit' button to confirm your absence request.
n.b. if you would like to abandon your absence request prior to submitting, please click the 'Cancel' button then click the 'Discard' button to confirm.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Please note: By default, Edays will discount non-working days and public holidays that fall within the selected 'From date' and 'To date' range.
Absences - Book a recurring absence using the 'Book time off' button