This guide has been created for all system users.
If you are unable to access anything covered in this guide, please raise this with a system administrator.
A key component of the Edays system is the ability to create absences, with each instance of an absence saved as an absence record. Your system may contain many absence types, although a default absence type will be attributed for Holiday bookings.
Absences can be requested from both the 'My Dashboard' screen or the 'Planned Absences' screen. This guide provides the steps required for submitting a recurring absence across multiple dates. If you would like to view our guide to booking singular, non recurring, absences, please click here.
Please note: If the option to select a recurring absence is not present, the feature has not been made active for the absence type selected. In this case, each absence would need to be entered as a singular, non recurring, absence.
Step by step guide:
- Click the 'Book time off: x Days Remaining' button in the top right corner of either the 'My Dashboard' or the 'Planned Absences' screen and the absence booker will slide in from the right.
- The default Holiday absence type will be pre-selected - click in the 'Absence Type' box to select an alternative if required.
- 'Fixed Date' is pre-selected, please click 'Recurring' to set a recurring absence request.
- Enter the required 'Start date' for the recurrence.
- Select the duration to apply to each occurrence - full day, am, or pm.
- Set the recurrence pattern - this defaults to once daily, but can be adjusted to singular or multiple occurrences per week or month.
- Set a 'To date', after which the recurring absence will cease applying.
- Edays will perform a real-time check to identify if there are any restrictions that would prevent the request and displays the reason at the foot of the booking form. Depending on the restriction message please select alternative absence dates before continuing. Alternatively, cancel your absence request and seek authoriser or administrator support.
- Click the 'Apply' button to confirm the recurrence.
- Enter any extra information about your absence in the 'Details' text box.
- Click the 'Submit' button to confirm your recurring absence request.
n.b. if you would like to abandon your absence request prior to submitting, please click the 'Cancel' button then click the 'Discard' button to confirm.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Please note: By default, Edays will discount non-working days and public holidays that fall within the selected 'From date' and 'To date' range.
Absences - Book an absence using the 'Book time off' button