This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Group Setup.
The group function in Edays allows users to be grouped based on your organisational requirements e.g. by location, department or team name. The grouping can then be used when selecting subsets of users that you wish to affect for bulk user updates, custom filtering, reports or exporting data. Each group is assigned to a group type e.g. 'Team A' and 'Team B' are groups assigned to the 'Teams' group type.
This guide provides the steps required to add a new group to an existing group type.
If you have not yet created a group type, please click here to view our guide.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel > Global > Group setup.
- Click the List button to the right of the group type you wish to affect.
- Click the +Add new button at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for the group.
- Optionally, set a Priority for where the group will appear in lists (zero is highest priority).
- Additionally, you can set a minimum staffing level - for further details, please see our guide by clicking here.
- Click the Save button at the foot of the page.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Following the creation of the new group, users can be assigned, either in bulk or user by user. Please follow the link below for the guide of your preferred method.
Bulk user update method
Individual user by user method
Groups - Apply a minimum staffing level to a group | Groups - Editing a group | Groups - Deleting a group