This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Group Setup.
The group function in Edays allows users to be grouped based on your organisational requirements e.g. by location, department or team name. The grouping can then be used when selecting subsets of users that you wish to affect for bulk user updates, custom filtering, reports or exporting data. Each group is assigned to a group type e.g. 'Team A' and 'Team B' are groups assigned to the 'Teams' group type.
This guide provides the steps required to edit the settings for an existing group type.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel > Global > Group setup.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the group type you wish to edit.
- Where required, edit the Name or Priority for where the group will appear in lists (zero is highest priority).
- Choose whether this group type should be required on users profiles. (If ticked, existing users will need to be set to a group within this group type before any other profile changes can be processed.)
- Choose whether a user can belong to multiple groups within this group type.
- Once you are happy with the settings, click the Save button at the foot of the page.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Groups - Adding a new group type | Groups - Deleting a group type