This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Overtime and TOIL Setup.
Edays allows for the creation of both overtime and TOIL (Time off in lieu) records. This enables time that users have worked over their standard hours to be recorded in Edays. Each overtime or TOIL record created in Edays is attributed to an overtime or TOIL type.
This guide provides the steps required to edit the settings for an existing overtime or TOIL type.
If you would like to edit an existing overtime or TOIL record for a user, please click here to view our guide.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to: Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Global > Overtime and TOIL set up*.
- Click the edit button to the right of the overtime or TOIL type you wish to affect.
- Adjust the name and/or the description for the overtime or TOIL type.
- Set the required cancellation options.
- If creating an overtime type, set whether records can be marked as paid.
- Set whether overtime/TOIL entries require a manual duration entry - this will require the duration to be entered, as opposed to a start and end time being entered.
- Set whether you would like to increment an entitlement and enter an incrementation rate - this would be used when adding TOIL types as it allows the associated TOIL entitlement to increase with each TOIL record.
- Set an hours or days time unit for when overtime or TOIL records are created.
- Set the booking options to allow or restrict users from entering the overtime or TOIL type.
- Apply any other settings as required.
- Click the save button at the foot of the page.
*Please note: Depending on how your Edays system has been configured, the Overtime and TOIL setup name may differ slightly.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Overtime/TOIL Setup - Adding a new overtime or TOIL type | Overtime/TOIL Setup - Disabling an overtime or TOIL type globally