This tool can be used at any point throughout the year to update entitlements for all users. If there's no entitlement for Next Year, you will not be able to book holiday. What if I want my employees to be able to book for Next Year already, without waiting until the new year? The solution here is to use our Import Entitlement Tool to bulk update entitlements for Next Year.
Edays supports the function of importing the balance for the entitlement in your system at a bulk level. This function will allow you to export a CSV file that you can amend and import back into Edays, to update the balance for both the current and next year's entitlement.
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Users > Import Entitlement.
Exporting the CSV - configuring the export
- User identifier: Edays uses this to identify which users it should be updated when the data is imported back into the system. Please select an appropriate option that is used in your system. If unsure, we recommend selecting 'User Login'.
- Entitlement Element: Select the entitlement element that you wish to amend and import. Only one entitlement element can be selected per entitlement import.
- Time Unit: Set the time unit to be used in consideration of the values presented in the CSV file. This can be set to display as days or hours of entitlement.
- Field delimiter: You can choose which symbol will separate the values in the export. If unsure, we recommend selecting 'Comma' if using Excel 2013 or newer to amend the CSV file.
Once you have made the required selections, click the 'Download all current user data' button to download the entitlement data as a CSV file.
Amending the CSV data
- Do not amend or remove the column headings or the user identifier data from the CSV for users you wish to import.
- Year: Each user will be present across two rows. The first row will be set to '0' in the 'Year' column - this represents the entitlement for that user, for the current year. The second row will be set to '1' in the 'Year' column - this represents the entitlement for that user, for next year. Please do not amend or remove the 'Year' column data for users you wish to import.
- Delete the rows of any users that you wish to exclude from the entitlement import.
- Adjust the entitlement value on each of the two rows, for each of the listed users.
- Ensure the file is saved as a CSV once all entitlement values have been entered.
For example: If I wanted to update only the balance for Next Year, and provide each user with 25 days, my file might look like this:
Importing the CSV data
- Once you have edited and saved the CSV file, you will need to return to the Import Entitlement screen in Edays.
- If you exited the Import Entitlement screen following the CSV export, you will need to set up the configuration area of the page again so that Edays will recognise the template you're importing.
- Once this is done, scroll to the bottom of the page, click Choose File and select the file from your file browser.
- Select the Import type as required:
- Adjustment to base entitlement value - Edays will add the provided values to the user’s current entitlement.
- New Base Entitlement Value (Recommended) - Edays will set the user’s base entitlement to the value provided in the CSV.
- New remaining entitlement balance - Edays will set the user’s remaining entitlement to the value provided.
- Click the Import Entitlement button to begin the import.
Please note: Navigating away from the current page or closing your web browser before the import process has been completed may result in loss of data.