The Bulk User Update Tool allows you to make changes, collectively, for subsets of users. Users can be included by template, group, or individually.
This guide provides steps for booking an absence for multiple users, using the Bulk User Update Tool.
Accessing the Tool
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Users > Bulk user update.
What would you like to update?
Step by step guide:
- Set the 'category of data to update' to 'Absence Booking'.
- Select the absence type.
- Enter the start and end date.
- For hours based absence types, enter the start and end time.
- Enter details of the absence as required.
- Tick to send a notification email to users if required.
n.b. the global level time unit of the respective absence type will be applied when using this tool.
Who would you like to update?
This section provides the filtering of which users you would like to update.
- Specify groups allows you to include users that fall under a certain Country, Location, Team, or any other Group type.
- Specify user templates can be used to include all users from the specified template in this update.
- Include reportees and leavers gives you two boxes you can check to ensure your own reportees are included, and any leavers that fall under the view are included.
- You're then able to Specify individuals; you can start typing a user's name to search for them, then click add and they'll be included in the list for this update. You can add any number of individual users.
- Finally you can view a list of users who you've included in this update, and, if you'd like, you can click Remove to exclude any specific individuals from the update.
Once you have made the required selections, click the Update Users button.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
After you've made this update, you'll be notified of any rejections at the bottom of the screen, along with a reason for the rejection. This can be a number of reasons, from a conflict with an existing absence to a lack of entitlement.
Any absences booked using this tool will be recorded as individual absences in the absence records page - if you'd like to edit or delete records this will need to be done on an individual basis on this screen.