The below video provides a general introduction to the Bulk user update feature in e-days; there is also a text overview available beneath focusing on bulk absence booking.
The Bulk user update feature is a handy tool to perform settings changes in your system. This can be for small, specific groups of users all the way up to every user that exists in the system. The below will give an overview of the various sections of the tool.
You can use this tool to record an absence in bulk for the users in your update.
When selecting this change, you'll be asked to set the Absence type of the booking, followed by the dates of the absence, any details you'd like to enter along with it, and whether you want users to receive a notification that the absence has been booked.
Choosing who to update:
- The Who would like to update area gives you multiple options for including users in your update, you may wish to go through these step-by-step, missing out any areas that aren't relevant:
- Specify groups allows you to include users that fall under a certain Country, Location, Team, or any other Group type, in this update.
- Specify user templates can be used to include all users from the specified settings template in this update.
- Include reportees and leavers gives you two boxes you can check to ensure user's reportees are included, and any leavers that fall under the view are included
- You're then able to Specify individuals; you can start typing a user's name to search for them, then click add and they'll be included in the list for this update. You can do this multiple times, and this area allows you to get really specific with the update you're making.
- Finally, you can view a list of users who you've included in this update, and, if you'd like, you can click Remove to exclude any specific individuals from the update.
After you've made this update you'll get notified of any rejections at the bottom of the screen, along with a reason for the rejection.
This can be a number of reasons, from a conflict with an existing absence to a lack of entitlement, depending on the reason you may wish to make edits to the rejected users and come back and book the absence for them either individually or in bulk.
Please be aware that any absences booked using this tool will be input as individual absences in the absence records page - if you'd like to edit or delete records this will need to be done on an individual basis on this screen.