The Bulk user update feature is a handy tool to perform settings changes in your system. This can be for small, specific groups of users all the way up to every user that exists in the system. The below will give an overview of the Password Reset section of the tool.
Choosing the update:
Password reset: usually used when your system first goes live, this option sends out an email to all users in the update with a Subject and Message that you can customise and containing a link for the user to reset their password.
Choosing who to update:
The Who would like to update area gives you multiple options for including users in your update, you may wish to go through these step-by-step, missing out any areas that aren't relevant:
- Specify groups allows you to include users that fall under a certain Country, Location, Team, or any other Group type, in this update.
- Specify user templates can be used to include all users from the specified settings template in this update.
- Include reportees and leavers gives you two boxes you can check to ensure user's reportees are included, and any leavers that fall under the view are included
- You're then able to Specify individuals; you can start typing a user's name to search for them, then click add and they'll be included in the list for this update. You can do this multiple times, and this area allows you to get really specific with the update you're making.
- Finally you can view a list of users who you've included in this update, and, if you'd like, you can click Remove to exclude any specific individuals from the update.
- Once this is complete all that's left is to do confirm the update by clicking Update users. This can take a short amount of time depending on the update, and you'll receive a confirmation at the top of the screen once the update is complete.
Please click video to enlarge
Note: You will need the User's permission to access this feature.