The below video provides a general introduction to the Bulk user update feature in e-days; there is also a text overview available beneath that focuses on groups.
The Bulk user update feature is a handy tool to perform settings changes in your system. This can be for small, specific groups of users all the way up to every user that exists in the system. The below will give an overview of the various sections of the tool.
this option allows you to Add & Remove users from groups as well as Swap them from one group to another. Bear in mind when adding users that, depending on your settings, users might only be allowed to belong to one group at a time, so you may need to remove them from the existing group or Swap them from the existing group to the new one. Once you have chosen the type of change you wish to make, you'll then be prompted to select the Group Type and the specific Group that will be the subject of this change.
Choosing who to update:
The Who would like to update area gives you multiple options for including users in your update, you may wish to go through these step-by-step, missing out any areas that aren't relevant:
- Specify groups allows you to include users that fall under a certain Country, Location, Team, or any other Group type, in this update.
- Specify user templates can be used to include all users from the specified settings template in this update.
- Include reportees and leavers gives you two boxes you can check to ensure user's reportees are included, and any leavers that fall under the view are included
- You're then able to Specify individuals; you can start typing a user's name to search for them, then click add and they'll be included in the list for this update. You can do this multiple times, and this area allows you to get really specific with the update you're making.
- Finally, you can view a list of users who you've included in this update, and, if you'd like, you can click Remove to exclude any specific individuals from the update.
- Once this is complete all that's left is to do confirm the update by clicking Update users. This can take a short amount of time depending on the update, and you'll receive a confirmation at the top of the screen once the update is complete.
Please find our video tutorial link below:
Note: You will need the User's permission to access this feature.