Editing CSV data.
When editing the CSV file data, there are some conditions to be aware of.
- Certain fields such as users' personal details are simply text boxes, so can be edited to whatever you'd like.
- Other fields are system settings, such as rotas or teams. If you are editing these you will need to make sure the new value exists in your system, and the spelling and syntax matches up exactly with what's in the system.
- You will need to keep the file in the .csv format and make sure all changes are saved prior to importing.
Importing CSV data into Edays.
- Once you have edited and saved the CSV file, you will need to return to the User Import/Export Tool screen in Edays.
- If you exited the User Import/Export Tool screen following the CSV export, you will need to set up the Configuration area of the page again so that Edays will recognise the template you're importing.
- Once this is done, you can simply scroll to the bottom of the page, click Choose File and select the file from your file browser
- Click Import to start the import process - depending on how much data you're changing and for how many users, this may take a short while.
- Once complete, you will receive a summary of the import at the foot of the page. This will inform you how many rows are successful, and, if you have any errors, each specific row and error will be referenced, allowing you to easily correct any data in the CSV file and re-import.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.