The below video provides an introduction on how to use the Bulk user update feature in e-days; there is also a text overview that focuses on updating authorisers.
The Bulk user update feature is a handy tool to perform settings changes in your system. This can be for small, specific groups of users all the way up to every user that exists in the system. The below will give an overview of the various sections of the tool.
Using this update you can Swap an authoriser, Apply a new authorisation template altogether or applying a record specific authorisation chain. Swapping an authoriser will find and replace an Authoriser wherever they appear in the authorisation templates of the users you are updating. If you choose this change you'll be asked to select the authorisers you're swapping users from, and who you're swapping them to. Applying a new authorisation template will simply allow you to input an entirely new template that you'll apply to all the users you're updating. This can either be their default authorisation template that all requests go through, or you can choose specific record types, to set this as an additional authorisation template that will only affect certain requests.
Choosing who to update:
The Who would like to update area gives you multiple options for including users in your update, you may wish to go through these step-by-step, missing out any areas that aren't relevant:
- Specify groups allows you to include users that fall under a certain Country, Location, Team, or any other Group type, in this update.
- Specify user templates can be used to include all users from the specified settings template in this update.
- Include reportees and leavers gives you two boxes you can check to ensure user's reportees are included, and any leavers that fall under the view are included
- You're then able to Specify individuals; you can start typing a user's name to search for them, then click add and they'll be included in the list for this update. You can do this multiple times, and this area allows you to get really specific with the update you're making.
- Finally, you can view a list of users who you've included in this update, and, if you'd like, you can click Remove to exclude any specific individuals from the update.
- Once this is complete all that's left is to do confirm the update by clicking Update users. This can take a short amount of time depending on the update, and you'll receive a confirmation at the top of the screen once the update is complete.
Please find our video tutorial link below:
Note: You will need the User's permission to access this feature.