This guide has been created for system authorisers and administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Staff Record Dashboard.
At the very top of each Edays dashboard screen, there is a 'find user' search tool. This tool allows you to search for users and view their respective staff record dashboard. This would allow you to affect absence bookings and see data related to the given user. Alternatively, you can access a user's staff record dashboard by clicking on their name wherever it appears in your own dashboards.
This guide provides the steps required for an authoriser or administrator to book an unplanned absence (e.g. sickness) on behalf of a user.
Please note: The visibility of users' staff record dashboards is determined by the Staff Records User View. If you are an authoriser and you're unable to see the required users, please raise this with a system administrator.
- Wherever it appears on your manager dashboard, click on the name of the staff member whose record you wish to view.
- Alternatively, use the 'find user' search tool at the top of the screen, clicking on the correct search result.
- Click the Sickness and Unplanned Records button on the user's staff records dashboard.
- Complete the absence booker form - if the absence is ongoing, tick 'open absence' instead of entering an end date.
- Click the Submit Request button.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Manager Dashboard - Booking a new planned absence for a User