This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Bulk User Update | Users.
The Bulk User Update Tool allows you to make changes, collectively, for subsets of users. Users can be included by template, group, or individually.
This guide provides steps for applying or swapping users' authorisers in bulk, using the Bulk User Update Tool.
Accessing the Tool
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Users > Bulk user update.
What would you like to update?
Step by step guide:
- Set the 'category of data to update' to 'Authoriser'.
- Select the type of change to apply: Swap an authoriser, Apply default authoriser, or Apply record specific authoriser.
- Select the authorisers and any other required data depending on the type of change.
Who would you like to update?
This section provides the filtering of which users you would like to update.
- Specify groups allows you to include users that fall under a certain Country, Location, Team, or any other Group type.
- Specify user templates can be used to include all users from the specified template in this update.
- Include reportees and leavers gives you two boxes you can check to ensure your own reportees are included, and any leavers that fall under the view are included.
- You're then able to Specify individuals; you can start typing a user's name to search for them, then click add and they'll be included in the list for this update. You can add any number of individual users.
- Finally you can view a list of users who you've included in this update, and, if you'd like, you can click Remove to exclude any specific individuals from the update.
Once you have made the required selections, click the Update Users button.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Bulk User Update - User views | Bulk User Update - User template | Bulk User Update - Password reset | Bulk User Update - Groups | Bulk User Update - Absence booking