This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: User Templates.
Each absence record created in Edays is attributed to an absence type, such as Holiday or Sickness. You can adjust the ability for users to book a particular absence for themselves or other users. Booking settings for an absence type can be set at the Global, Template or User level, with each level overriding the previous, respectively. To view our guide to system hierarchy, please click here.
This guide provides the steps required to adjust absence booking settings of a particular absence type at the Template level - essentially enabling or disabling the absence type. The settings applied to a template will override the Global level settings.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Templates > User templates.
- Identify the template to update by either browsing or using the search filter at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit button on the template that requires updating.
- In the User Template Detail screen, select the Absence Types tab.
- Identify the absence type to disable by either browsing or using the search filter at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the absence type that you wish to affect.
- Locate the Can book own absences, Can book reportees absences and Can book others absences settings.
- Update the settings to 'No' to disable the absence type or set to 'Yes', where required, to enable the absence type.
- Click the save button at the foot of the page.
Absence Setup - Enable/Disable an absence type - Global level | Absence Setup - Enable/Disable an absence type - User level