This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Entitlement Setup.
Overbooking mode allows or restricts the ability for users' entitlement balance to be booked into a negative. The entitlement overbooking option can be applied to entitlement pots separately and will apply to all elements contained within the pot. Overbooking mode can be set at the Global, Template or User level, with each level overriding the previous, respectively. To view our guide to system hierarchy, please click here.
This guide provides the steps to set the overbooking mode at the Global system level for an entitlement pot.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel > Global > Entitlement setup.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the entitlement pot you wish to affect.
- Amend Overbooking mode as required:
- Allow – overbooking will be enabled and users will be able to book absences beyond their entitlement balance.
- Deny – Edays will not allow the user to submit an absence if it will take them into a negative entitlement balance.
- Prompt – overbooking will be enabled, but users will see a prompt to warn them and give the option to proceed or cancel.
- Click the Save button at the foot of the page.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Entitlement Setup - Set a Template level overbooking mode | Entitlement Setup - Set a User level overbooking mode