This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: User Templates.
Edays provides access to many functions and features, and the ability to see these functions and features is determined by the roles applied to a given user. Each user within Edays should be assigned to one or more roles, with each role consisting of associated role permissions.
This guide provides steps for applying roles to a template. Users assigned to the template may then inherit the assigned roles. If you would prefer to assign roles to users individually, at the user level, please click here to view our guide.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel > Templates > User Templates.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the template you wish to affect.
- In the user template detail screen, select the Roles tab.
- Applied roles are displayed in blue. If required, remove an applied role by clicking the 'x' to the right of the role name.
- Add a new role by clicking the 'Roles' input box and selecting the required option. n.b You can apply multiple roles to a template if required.
- Click the Save Record button at the foot of the page.
Please note: For users to be able to inherit their role(s) from the template level, the instruction for this must be applied at the user level for each user. Please click here to view our user level guide to assigning roles.
If you would like to enlarge the video, please click on it to expand.
Roles - Assign or alter the roles applied to a user | Roles - Role permissions overview