If you are a staff member who works the same rota every week, you can use the rota sync feature to quickly submit your time worked for the week. This feature automatically creates a period of time based on your rota pattern, up to the current date, saving you time.
To use rota sync, follow these steps:
- Navigate to “My Tools” and select "Time Submission."
- At the bottom of the page on the left side, click the "Copy in Rota" button.
- A notice will appear explaining that this feature will automatically create periods of time based on your rota pattern, up to today's date. No periods that you have already entered will be amended. When there is an absence on a day, it may prevent the time from pulling through, if your administrator has set it up that way.
- Absences will, by default, block time from being copied in from rota. For example, a full day absence will be seen as no time off. Some absence types may wish to be used as working time, such as training. In this case, the absence type setting "Time submission affects attendance" can be flipped to "No." This can be done at the global, template, or user level.
The time added to your submission will depend on your rota type:
- Days rota: The time added starts at 9 am and adds to your hours per day.
- Half days: For a half-day AM, the time added starts at 9 am; for a half-day PM, the time starts at 1 pm. Then, half of your hours per day are added.
- Hour rota: The exact hours are added in. This includes if there are multiple periods in a day, so a rota could be set to 9 am-12 pm and 12.30 pm-5 pm if those are the exact periods that are standard for you to work.
- Hour rota with fixed duration: The hours are added in, and the breaks feature is used to give the correct time. For example, if the times are 9 am-5 pm with a fixed duration of 7 hours, then the time added is 9 am-5 pm with a 1-hour break, giving a total of 7 hours for the day.
- Absences and public holidays: The time around an absence is still copied across. For example, if an absence is 1 hour in the middle of the day, two periods will be created around it.
Please note that the setting "Time submission affects attendance" needs to be toggled to "No" on most absence types. It would only be "Yes" on the absence types that block accruals. Then, an accrual is set up to accrue on-time submission, at the appropriate rate per hour worked.
If you have a holiday booked on a date that you have submitted time, you will need to cancel one of the requests, depending on what you did that day. Otherwise, it will be reported as time worked. Once you have submitted your time, you will not be able to edit the week, and the boxes will appear as greyed out.
We hope this guide has been helpful in explaining how to use rota sync to submit your time worked quickly and easily. If you have any further questions, please contact a system administrator.