If you OR another user(s) encounter errors upon submission of absence records, this will most likely be due to the default authorisation chain being blank - see an example:
If this is the case, the account submitting an absence record will receive an error message.
In order to resolve, please follow the below.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to: Admin tools > Users.
- Locate the user whose Approvers you wish to alter and click Edit on their row.
- You are now on the Profile page of that user's User Record, navigate down the page to the area called Authorisers.
- Click the box for the setting called Authorisation Level 1 and select the authoriser you wish to assign to this user from the drop-down list.
- Optionally do the same the setting called Alternatively.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each step of the Authorisation Template.
- Click the orange Save Record button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.