If you OR another user(s) encounter errors upon submission of absence records, this will most likely be due to the default authorisation chain being blank - please see an example of this in the screenshot below.
If this is the case, the account submitting an absence record will receive an error message.
In order to resolve, please follow the below.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to: Admin tools > Users.
- Locate the user whose Approvers you wish to alter and click Edit on their row.
- You are now on the Profile page of that user's User Record, navigate down the page to the area called Authorisers.
- Click the box for the setting called Authorisation Level 1 and select the authoriser you wish to assign to this user from the drop-down list.
- Optionally, do the same for the setting named 'Alternatively'.
- Repeat the above two steps for each additional level of the Authorisation Template if you use more than one level.
- Click the Save Record button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.