In e-Days you can set a minimum and maximum notice period on your absence types, these are useful if you do not want users giving too much or too little notice when they book absences.
You can also use this setting to restrict past bookings for example if you set Minimum Notice Period to 0 then users can only book absences that are on or after todays date. Furthermore, if you set it to -7 then users can only books absences that started 1 week before todays date and after.
This is a setting that can be configured on a Global, Template and User level. In this guide we're going to cover configuring this setting on a Template level, this means that the setting will overwrite the same Globally configured setting for any users in the Template.
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Templates > User Templates.
- Identify the User Template you wish to update and click the Blue Edit button.
- Click the Absence Types tab.
- Identify the absence type to update by either browsing or using the search filter at the top of the page.
- Click the Blue Edit button on the Absence Type that requires updating.
- In the Permissions area of the page locate the Minimum Notice Period and Maximum Notice Period settings.
- Update the settings as required.
- At the bottom of the page click the Orange Save button.
Note: You will need the User Templates permission(s) applied to your e-days role in order to carry out this task.