Defined Reasons are specific categories of Sickness that help to better define the type of sickness a user is experiencing i.e. instead of having an absence of just Sickness it could be Sickness with the Defined Reason "Cold, Flugh or Cough".
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel
- Go to Global > Absence type set up
- Identify the absence type to update by either browsing or using the search filter at the top of the page.
- Press the Edit option on the absence type that requires updating.
- Under the General settings you'll see the Defined reason(s).
- Click in the value box and assign one or more reasons for the current absence type.
- At the bottom of the page press, the orange Save button.