This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Absence Setup.
Each absence record created in Edays is attributed to an absence type, such as Holiday or Sickness. You can adjust the ability for users to book a particular absence for themselves or other users. Booking settings for an absence type can be set at the Global, Template or User level, with each level overriding the previous, respectively. To view our guide to system hierarchy, please click here.
This guide provides the steps required to adjust the Global level absence booking settings of a particular absence type - essentially enabling or disabling the absence type.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Global > Absence type setup.
- Identify the absence type to update by either browsing or using the search filter at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the absence type that you wish to affect.
- Click on Booking Settings to reveal the Can book own absences, Can book reportees absences and Can book others absences settings
- Update the settings to 'No' to disable the absence type or set to 'Yes', where required, to enable the absence type.
- Click the save button at the foot of the page.