This guide has been created for system administrators.
Specific role permissions may be required, including: Users.
You may need to restrict the number of days that can be booked for a specific absence type, for example, Holiday records can't exceed 14 days.
This guide provides steps to set the minimum/maximum required absence length at the User system level; this will override both the Global level and the Template level. To view our guide to system hierarchy, please click here.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to: Admin tools > Users.
- Locate the user who you wish to alter and click Edit.
- Click Absence Types.
- Identify the absence type to update by either browsing or using the search filter at the top of the page.
- Press the Edit button on the absence type that requires updating.
- In the Permissions area of the page locate the Minimum Length (in Days/Hours) and Maximum Length (in Days/Hours) settings.
- Update the settings as required, entering numbers to represent the min/max amount.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Save button.
Absence Setup - Global level minimum/maximum absence length
Absence Setup - Template levelminimum/maximum absence length