In Edays, you can set a minimum and maximum notice period on your absence types. These are useful if you do not want users giving too much or too little notice when they book absences.
You can also use this setting to restrict past bookings for example if you set Minimum Notice Period to 0 then users can only book absences that are on or after todays date. Furthermore, if you set it to -7 then users can only books absences that started 1 week before todays date and after.
This is a setting that can be configured on a Global, Template and User level. In this guide we're going to cover configuring this setting on a Global level, this means that the setting will apply to all users in the system unless the same setting is configured on a Template and/or User level.
Step by step guide:
- Navigate to Admin tools > Admin panel.
- Go to Global > Absence type setup.
- Identify the absence type to update by either browsing or using the search filter at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit button on the absence type that requires updating.
- Expand the Min/Max Settings section and update as required.
- Click the Save button.