This guide will give you a brief understanding of how you can set up Menstrual Leave in your edays system to support you with this process.
Create a New Entitlement
- Navigate to Admin Panel > Global > Entitlement setup.
- Create a new entitlement within your system. You may want to disable this globally so it can be enabled for specific users when required.
- Within the entitlement element, navigate to Accrual rules, and add a monthly accrual rule which will award 3 or 5 days (depending on your policy) at the start of each month.
- Within the entitlement element you may also want to include a cap allowance of 3/5 days using the remaining amount which will prevent the user from accruing past this amount unless days have been booked.
Creating an Absence Type
- Navigate to Admin Panel > Global > Absence type setup.
- Create a new absence type for Menstrual Leave and ensure the Affected entitlements field is populated with the entitlement previously created.
- This will ensure the balance is deducted from this entitlement when this absence is booked.
- Adjust the additional settings according to your requirements.
As part of the legislation in Spain, employees are required to provide a doctor’s note in order to take the leave. To set this up in your edays system you can set attachments as a mandatory field within your absence type via the Attachment Settings section:
If you are unsure about how to configure this, please contact our Support Team or follow these useful guides:
- Entitlement Setup - Creating a new entitlement pot
- Entitlement Setup - Accrual policy setup
- Entitlement Accrual Rules - Best Practice
- Absence Setup - Adding a new absence type